- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s one and only Son, my one and only Savior. (John 3:16)
- We believe he was born Jesus of Nazareth, both fully human and fully divine, conceived of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary. (Luke 1:26-39)
- We believe Jesus died for us on the cross, in our place, to reconcile us to God. He arose from the tomb and gave us the hope of eternal life. (I Corinthians 15:3-8; Colossians 1:19-20)
- We believe Jesus will one day return to the earth to take His church to heaven and will reign forever as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- We believe in one God-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 6:1-9; 16:16; John 14:16-20)
- We believe that God the Father is the creator of all things. (Genesis 1:1; Acts 17:24-28)
- We believe in the Bible, God’s Holy Word, Scripture.
- We believe that God inspired the original writing of Scripture and that they are without error. (II Timothy 3:14-17; Hebrews 4:12; II Peter 1:20-21)
- We believe the Bible is the final authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe the Holy Spirit dwells within every Christian empowering them to live a holy life and equipping them with gifts for serving others. (Acts 2:38; I Corinthians 12:4-11)
- We believe the Holy Spirit encourages, guides, comforts, and helps to transform us into the likeness of Christ. (John 16:5-15)
- We believe that human beings are created in the image of God. (Genesis 1:27)
- We believe that human beings are sinful, and consequently lost and without hope apart from Jesus Christ. (Romans 3:23; Acts 4:12)
- We believe the church is the body of Christ, called to fulfill the mission of making disciples of Jesus. (Matthew 28:18-20; Colossians 1:18)
- We believe that Christ is the head of the church and he calls for elders to be selected from among the congregation to oversee the functions of ministry and shepherd the believers. (Ephesians 5:23; I Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9)
- We believe that salvation, the forgiveness of sins, is offered only by the grace of God through the blood of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 26:28; Ephesians 1:8-9; I Peter 1:18-19; I John 1:7)
- We believe that salvation through God’s grace is received by putting belief and faith in Christ, repenting of sin, confessing belief in Christ, and being baptized by immersion, but that none of these is sufficient in and of itself for the assurance of salvation. (John 3:16; Acts 2:38; 17:30; Romans 6:1-7; 10:9-10)
Have a question about what we believe at Eastside? Get in touch with a person on our team directly by clicking the button below.